Radiator repair

8 replies to this topic
  • Slimpig

Posted June 28, 2009 - 09:35 AM

Early June there was a member who submitted a post outlining a problem that he was having with the smell of anti-freeze on his WR, but could not find the leak. I have had the same problem for the past two seasons but could never locate a leak nor did my anti-freeze level drop noticeably. While mountain riding in Cadomin Alberta this year the leak became noticeable but still not to the level of being problematic. The leak was right above the exhaust on the part of the rad where the fins meet the bottom reservoir area. Has anyone tried those stop leak radiator additives. I am very hesitant to add something to like this to the cooling system. Other then installing a new radiator $$$$$$ does anyone have any suggestions?

• rich1167

Posted June 28, 2009 - 10:56 AM

Send it off to, or call these guys. Their top notch. I don't know what your shipping cost is. But their repair service will likely be less then $50 US.
http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

• cjimenRR

Posted June 28, 2009 - 07:02 PM

I wouldn't add the stop leak additives, those are for emergency use only and will do more harm than good if your thinking of using that as a permanent fix

• Charles De Mar

Posted June 29, 2009 - 06:15 AM

Mylers radiator repair:thumbsup: :worthy: :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted June 29, 2009 - 09:46 AM

I'd use JB Weld on it.

• maydog

Posted June 29, 2009 - 11:31 AM

Mylers for sure they have fixed three of mine each time no more then $75.00 . And it's a one day turn around.
Was out at hollister and dropped my bike radiator guards and braces still got a leak on my wr 450 first day on a four day weekend so i grab the pepper out of the motorhome and rode the rest of the weekend and the next weekend.:worthy:

• DrzDasher

Posted June 29, 2009 - 11:49 PM

throw alittle bit of blck pepper in there for a quick fix, if you are really worried send them off tho mylers, great work fast turn around.

• bg10459

Posted June 30, 2009 - 05:47 AM

Never heard a bad word about Mylers.

• chevy power

Posted June 30, 2009 - 03:18 PM

Had mine fixed at mylers. I wouldnt send mine any where else. Excellent service.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.