pink wire mod??

2 replies to this topic
  • jhmotard

Posted June 27, 2009 - 10:17 PM

first off, already searched...getting mixed answers.

we have a 02 yz426 motor and cdi with a wr426 stator and flywheel. the stator has 1 yellow and a pack of 6 wires....

we DONT want to run a battery so the yellow lead will go to the headlight and grounded from there.

i'm reading TWO different wire mods for this....
1. cut pink wire from coil and solder to existing copper wire grounding terminal
and
2. unsolder grounding wire of the lighting coil, cut pink wire from coil and solder to grounding wire of lighting coil. then cut pink wire just before the harness connection where only one side will be grounded and not exactly sure where the other pink wire goes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jhmotard

Posted June 28, 2009 - 04:57 AM

so which one?

i'm thinking choice 1. would be for not using a battery and choice 2. would be for adding a battery

anyone?

• bnio

Posted June 29, 2009 - 10:08 PM

I have done this but its been so long ago I have forgotten, hell I have barely ridden the bike in two years since the new stator. Any way look up in the wr section about turning a wr into DC system. If I remember correctly you need to cut the pink which will float the ground and one end will be grounded, which end grounded I can't remember but its on this forum so search for it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.