450 Too hot?

1 reply to this topic
  • Jim_Patterson

Posted March 20, 2003 - 01:00 PM

Well it was 65 degrees when I got home today. I went for a 20 minute ride, 2/3 road 1/3 simple dirt trails. I am running jetting the same as many of you 160 Main 48 Pilot. I pushed moderately hard especially when accellerating though the gears on the road. When I got home the muffler was very very hot. My 426 got hot also, but I don't think it ever got this hot. There wasn't any boilover into the coolant overflow bottle. I am at 300 ft above sea level. It seems like I may be running lean. I have standard airbox mod, Gyt insert and grey wire disconnected. What do you guys think

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr250rr

Posted March 20, 2003 - 01:31 PM

I noticed that too. With the GYTR in, the pipe gets alot hotter than when its out. I wouldn't sweat it. Like you said, there wasn't any boilover.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.