yz400f aftermarket radiators?

6 replies to this topic
  • bubbaisthebest

Posted June 27, 2009 - 03:52 PM

the left radiator(the one w/out the spout) has a leak, and after attempting to solder it, the leak is only going to be fixed by tearing it apart. i found mylers radiator reapir on google, but id rather buy a new radiator without any worries. does anyone know of any aftermarket companies that carry radiators for this bike, and has anyone had sucess with mylers radiator repair? thanks:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted June 27, 2009 - 10:24 PM

Mylers did an excellent job of repairing a heavily damaged radiator on our old YZ250F. $75, shipped out on a Monday, got it back the same Friday.

• tntmo

Posted June 28, 2009 - 06:24 AM

Mylers did an excellent job of repairing a heavily damaged radiator on our old YZ250F. $75, shipped out on a Monday, got it back the same Friday.

Same experience, my radiator was mangled but they fixed it right up for under $100 and had it to me in a few days. Two years later and no issues.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freddwood

Posted June 28, 2009 - 03:38 PM

Same experience, my radiator was mangled but they fixed it right up for under $100 and had it to me in a few days. Two years later and no issues.

I 3rd that. They did a great job on mine as well. Myler's are magicians.

• Chief

Posted June 28, 2009 - 04:24 PM

Mylers also carries their own line of replacement radiators.

http://www.motorcycl...s radiator.html

Does anybody know how these compare to the Fluidyne?

I've seen a lot of people have success with the extra cooling capacity of the Fluidyne radiators.

• mcondino

Posted June 28, 2009 - 11:16 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_1189wt_1176.

Sorry for the long link...
Ask them about one for a 426 I know the make one.
I bought one of these for a 426 and it bolted up to my 99 400 perfect. (the shrouds will fit a little weird, but 426 ones bolt up). I have had it for quite a few hours and it seems to work great. It is significantly thicker than the oem and it seems to cool much better. I ride a lot of relitavely slow single-track and it has really helped with heat management. My .02

• bubbaisthebest

Posted June 29, 2009 - 07:35 AM

Thanks for the replies, we are going to take it to a local and see if they are sucessful, but if not mylers is going to be our answer. :worthy:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.