Drain Plug Problem

2 replies to this topic
  • UPSWR450

Posted June 27, 2009 - 06:09 AM

I went to change the oil in my 07 Wr450, i got the filter changed drained from both plugs. I put the rear plug back in no problem then the front plug i put in finger tight first the go to put the wrench on it and it stripped the !@#$%^&ing threads out of the hole. Whats the best way to fix this i want to ride this weekend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ears2244

Posted June 27, 2009 - 09:47 AM

I haven't had it happen but you might have to drill it out and retap it and get a different plug and gasket.

• pablo83

Posted June 29, 2009 - 08:51 AM

I don't know if the 450 is any different than my 426. May people suggest heli-coils, but they might not be the best way to go (see this post). Tapping it out for a larger bolt would be easiest if you have the sidewall room.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.