Pro Billet End cap ??

7 replies to this topic
  • crf450rider64

Posted June 27, 2009 - 04:37 AM

Getting my new YZ ready for the Hare Scramble season. I need a spark arrestor. I was checking out the Pro Billet endcap that attaches to the stock exaust. It is alot cheaper than a new slip on, but I have never used one. Any experence or comments? Thanks

• davcon

Posted June 27, 2009 - 05:22 AM

Check this thread.

http://www.thumperta...7517&highlight=

and this one

http://www.thumperta...8359&highlight=

• honyam83

Posted June 27, 2009 - 06:21 AM

I've had one on an '01 426 for two rides, It changed the sound but I didn't notice any power loss. It looks sharp and makes me legal for the trails. I would recommend it.

• KAS

Posted June 27, 2009 - 09:42 AM

Its a decent product. Doesn't affect sound or power, just makes the exhaust spark arrestor legal.

Its the only way to go if you don't want to buy a new pipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stroker06

Posted June 27, 2009 - 09:59 AM

I just purchased one for my '07 and it works great. The only complaint I've heard is that the anodizing loses some color after awhile. I got black so I can just use wood stove paint if it gets really bad. In the last couple of months since installed mine has faded a little.
Other than that is is great, I got stopped by the sheriff last weekend and all he did was look at it and never even gave me any trouble.
There was no change in power or sound that I noticed, so for the price they are great.
I do recommend tapping the holes and using a button head socket cap screw (round head allen bolt) so you don't have to drill rivets when it comes time to re-pack the muffler though.
Get one and enjoy riding!:worthy:

• Smokeslider

Posted June 27, 2009 - 06:55 PM

have about 50 hours on mine with no complaints. No color changes and I am happy with the sound and power levels.

• B_DRZ

Posted June 27, 2009 - 07:06 PM

I have one on my 07, never faded yet and super easy install.

• crf450rider64

Posted June 28, 2009 - 02:42 AM

Thanks alot you guys. You have helped me make my decision. Stay safe ....................... Scott

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.