Canada VS US model WR450 differences

3 replies to this topic
  • mabundis

Posted March 20, 2003 - 09:42 AM

I bought a Canadian model and the dealer told me that there is no gray wire or throttle stop..He also said the jetting is richer...He also stated that there's no problem with the woodruff key shearing because the bike comes straight from Japan..He stated that American bikes are assembled here. Does anyone know the diffences between the two bikes?

• KiwiThumper

Posted March 20, 2003 - 10:20 AM

Not sure about the Canadian model but the Australian one (which has the same crappy exhaust as the European one) has some differences too.
US: Stiff Suspension, throttle stop limited, grey wire for timing adjustment
European: Soft Suspension, no throttle stop issue, no grey wire
Australian: Middle Range Suspension, no throttle stop issue, no grey wire, jetted for sea level, fully road registerable out of the box complete with speedo, indicators etc ...... AND ARIVING TODAY for me !!!!!!!

I am sure there are other differences, I just cant remember them from the Australasian Dirt Bike mag article.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gsxrguy

Posted March 20, 2003 - 04:42 PM

Yes check your key. my canadian dealer just got the factory up date to retorque.

• mabundis

Posted March 24, 2003 - 09:13 AM

Took my Canadian bike in to a dealer in CA and they told me that they will not honor fix for woodruff key for free..I also found out that the Canadian bike has a stock 160 jet and they also supply you with a spare 155 and 165 in a plastic bag. Pipe is less restrictive in stock form than US model, but US model can be modified to be less restrictive very easily.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.