fuel mixture screw

9 replies to this topic
  • sjw

Posted March 20, 2003 - 09:19 AM

has anyone tried this fule mixture adjuster from ziptyracing?they had a write up on it in motocross action I believe it was march.according to the article this is a must for this carb.it allows you to adjust it with your fingers.has anyone adjusted this at all?has anyone read the article?does it do any good?

• rockieman

Posted March 20, 2003 - 09:48 AM

I made my own following the instructions from MotoMan's site....he has a couple of options....an on-the-fly adjustment tool or a little screwdriver (the one I did) made with a 1/4" x 7/16" coupling nut, 8 penny nail and a piece of 7/32" tubing. His website gives concise instructions to both.....if you don't want to mess....I made a couple of extra's. PM me your address....I can mail you one.

• msgbean

Posted March 20, 2003 - 11:56 AM

sjw I made one with a 1 1/4" long brass tubing that slides perfectly over the fuel screw. I got a 3/8 nut and drilled out the center just a little smaller than the brass tubing and then press fit it on the end with a vise. I then applied a liberal amount of JB Weld on the fuel screw, slide on the tube and let it dry. It works perfectly. The only thing I would change is I wish I would have used a brass nut instead the one I found in my garage. Here is a picture.

• Jim_Patterson

Posted March 20, 2003 - 01:02 PM

I just installed one on my 450. I like the ease of adjustment very much.

• Jonesy920

Posted March 20, 2003 - 01:38 PM

The zip-ty gets a 10plus from me. Using the little screw drivers is a pain when you are in gear warming the bike up on the stand and want to make a minor adjustment. You really need to adj. the screw everytime you have an atmospheric change i.e. : temp altitude or humidity .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sjw

Posted March 20, 2003 - 03:51 PM

• dmp437

Posted March 21, 2003 - 01:42 AM

Another thumbs up for the ZipTy fuel screw. The ease of adjustment and the index marks makes the process so much easier. No more digging for tools for a small, but needed adjustment.

• Lon13

Posted March 21, 2003 - 11:35 AM

I got one, my bike runs great!

• Lon13

Posted March 22, 2003 - 04:00 PM

Mine works great. Plus It looks sooo cool. (which is the real reason I bought one anyway because the little screwdriver bit from my multi-tool worked just fine)

• MN_Kevin

Posted March 22, 2003 - 08:22 PM

we did a group buy from Norm Kouba a couple of years ago:

These little t-handles work SUPERB!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.