07-09 WR tank on 06+ YZ?

3 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted June 26, 2009 - 03:16 PM

I need more fuel capacity for trail rides, and I'm not real fond of what I've been reading about either the Clarke or IMS options and was considering a WR tank on my YZ. I've seen a few threads that mention that if I wanted to do this, I'd have to use WR shrouds as well... just curious if there's any truth to the rumor or not.

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 26, 2009 - 03:30 PM

I need more fuel capacity for trail rides, and I'm not real fond of what I've been reading about either the Clarke or IMS options and was considering a WR tank on my YZ. I've seen a few threads that mention that if I wanted to do this, I'd have to use WR shrouds as well... just curious if there's any truth to the rumor or not.

I think so (on the WR Shrouds).... the stock WR tank is not much larger than the YZ tank... we have to switch to the YZ shrouds to use the IMS.

Where in WA are you? I have a set up you can try out with the tank and shrouds but I ride loops in WA year round and I run the IMS 3.1 cause the WR stocker had a range of 60 miles maybe :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted June 26, 2009 - 03:56 PM

I think so (on the WR Shrouds).... the stock WR tank is not much larger than the YZ tank... we have to switch to the YZ shrouds to use the IMS.

Where in WA are you? I have a set up you can try out with the tank and shrouds but I ride loops in WA year round and I run the IMS 3.1 cause the WR stocker had a range of 60 miles maybe :worthy:

I'm over on the east side north of Spokane. That's a bummer on the shrouds, because I'd hate to lose my snazzy One Industries graphics :lol: If I could get 60-70 miles out of a tank I'd be happy, though you WA boys seem to like longer loops a lot more than the ID boys I grew up riding with :lol:

• mb450

Posted June 27, 2009 - 03:10 PM

I just bought a 07 wr450 does anyone know how to uncork it

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.