e button problem

5 replies to this topic
  • dirtrider999

Posted June 25, 2009 - 09:04 PM

first off i tried seaching but i couldnt find anything. so i went to start my 2007 wr450f today and to my surprise all it made was a buzzing noise when i pressed the botton. now the computer thing is working and it kickstarts no problem. so i didtheeasyiest thing to do and cleaned all the main plugs and conection right under the seat and tried changeing thefuse and still nothing.forgive me if its a stupid question but this is my first bike with the magic botton.

• KennyMc

Posted June 25, 2009 - 09:18 PM

I think you need to put a charge on the battery. Have you checked the voltage?

• dirtrider999

Posted June 25, 2009 - 11:12 PM

ihad just finished charging it on a trickle charger

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kwar63

Posted June 26, 2009 - 04:27 AM

My 2006 is doing the same thing but mine started right after I washed the bike. I must have gotten the starter relay under the seat wet. I tested the relay per the manual and it appeared to test o.k. but it also seem to reset itself when I tested it. Once I tested it and was able to kickstart it but soon as I tried the electric start then even the kickstart would not work. I ordered a new relay. Hopefully that will solve my issue. The relay is $41 here on Thumpertalk so it was a cheap trial and error before I take it to a shop.

• WR450RICKO

Posted June 26, 2009 - 09:27 AM

This happens to me every season. Charge the battery over night with an auto off charging system. If you still have problems and all connections are clean and dry, get a new battery.

• dirtrider999

Posted June 26, 2009 - 10:58 AM

thanks for the help. il trysome of our suggestions and il let you know when i get back from my trip

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.