Line-Xed my kickstarter...

14 replies to this topic
  • Aka.Goose

Posted June 25, 2009 - 05:42 PM

I go nuts when I have to start my bike without boots on (with tennis shoes)...It hurts the arch in my foot like :worthy:...I won't even try to start my girlfriends KX 2 stroke without boots...
My frame guards have line-x and have been holding up well, so I brought the kickstarter in and told him to do it thick, and indestructible...He also rides, guessed right away it was off a 450, said no problem, come pick it up in an hour...Picked it up, he didn't charge me (I brought him and a few guys burritos from the local shop last time they did work for me), said if it actually wears through, bring it back and he'll redo it...
Holy crap does it make it easier on the foot! (you can see in the pic it's almost twice as thick)
Posted Image
Posted Image

• dirtrider04

Posted June 25, 2009 - 05:55 PM

loooks kinda cool. Nice work!

• Roll Cage

Posted June 25, 2009 - 06:23 PM

The only place I could see that wearing down, is where it hits the right footpeg. But, from what I here about Line-X, it should be fine. Nice score.

How do you like the Line-Xed frame guards? Holding up well?

Thanks.

- iRock

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 25, 2009 - 06:29 PM

The only place I could see that wearing down, is where it hits the right footpeg. But, from what I here about Line-X, it should be fine. Nice score.

How do you like the Line-Xed frame guards? Holding up well?

Thanks.

- iRock

The Line-X ends on the kickstarter before where it hits...
It's been holding up great on the guards...surprisingly well, even with boot rub (it does scratch and wear a little but you can hardly tell)...But he did put a couple extra UV clear coats on there also...

• Roll Cage

Posted June 25, 2009 - 06:50 PM

The Line-X ends on the kickstarter before where it hits...

Doh! And That's why they don't pay me the big bucks! :lol:

It makes so much sense though, I don't understand why I haven't seen it on more bikes. I mean, it's just so dang practical. Just put it on all the high wear/rubbing areas, like the frame near the footpegs, clutch cover, etc.

Props to you, my good man. :worthy:

- iRock

• hillclimbguy

Posted June 26, 2009 - 06:20 AM

Nice job. Looks good.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 26, 2009 - 07:25 AM

It will only be a issue with wide foot pegs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Aka.Goose

Posted June 26, 2009 - 08:12 AM

It will only be a issue with wide foot pegs.

What will be an issue? I have wide pegs...There's no rubbing anywhere...And the thick rubber ends before the spot where the footpeg hits...
As long as it holds up, I'm super stoked with it...It's hard to describe how that extra thickness gives you so much more comfort and stability kicking it...Used it with boots this morning and I don't know about you, maybe it's because I'm a klutz but when I used to kick over the bike the kickstarter didn't always stay planted right under my foot, it bounces, slides off, you often have to reach back down and swing it out again, etc...I often wondered what the hell were they thinking making it so skinny without any grip to it...
Not any more, almost locks in to the bottom of my boot! Comfort and grip = easier starts...

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 26, 2009 - 08:54 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

• finthat

Posted June 26, 2009 - 08:02 PM

Good stuff. I heading down to my Linex dealer.

• Ogener

Posted June 26, 2009 - 10:06 PM

I've had trouble starting my bike with wet boots. Do you think this will help keep my foot on the kickstart when wet? thanks.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 27, 2009 - 04:58 AM

What will be an issue? I have wide pegs...There's no rubbing anywhere...And the thick rubber ends before the spot where the footpeg hits...
As long as it holds up, I'm super stoked with it...It's hard to describe how that extra thickness gives you so much more comfort and stability kicking it...Used it with boots this morning and I don't know about you, maybe it's because I'm a klutz but when I used to kick over the bike the kickstarter didn't always stay planted right under my foot, it bounces, slides off, you often have to reach back down and swing it out again, etc...I often wondered what the hell were they thinking making it so skinny without any grip to it...
Not any more, almost locks in to the bottom of my boot! Comfort and grip = easier starts...

Goose as long as you like it I am happy for you.....I have zero interest in the stuff myself. I was referring that the thicker the kickstarter is the possibility of it hitting a wider footpeg is greater and that the stuff would start flaking off.

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 27, 2009 - 08:37 AM

Goose as long as you like it I am happy for you.....I have zero interest in the stuff myself. I was referring that the thicker the kickstarter is the possibility of it hitting a wider footpeg is greater and that the stuff would start flaking off.

It's all good...Wasn't trying to wow people with some rubber on my kickstarter, hahaha...You'd have to be using a 2x4 as a foot peg for it to hit the coated part, and the stuff is ridiculously strong, doesn't flake off whatsoever, deep scratches don't peel up or anything, they just gouge into it and it almost seals the scratch itself (kind of like a cutting board)...Plus it will be redone for free if and when it needs it...

• Justin89

Posted June 27, 2009 - 12:36 PM

How's that Hinson clutch cover holding up?

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 27, 2009 - 12:54 PM

How's that Hinson clutch cover holding up?

It's a little scratched, but it's not very noticeable since the color doesn't wear away like one that is painted...
I need to add, I haven't really been able to ride the hell out of this bike yet though...
I'll post updates as stuff wears...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.