new dr.d slip-on 06wr450f

No replies to this topic
  • ww44wrf450f

Posted June 25, 2009 - 05:12 PM

Purchased new exhaust from e-bay

Got the pipe yesterday, so I unrapped it, :lol: it's the model # 2003 for the yz, :p needed the #2004 comes with the sparky, ---- w2do, :p :lol: :lol: :lol: put the itch on, scratch--scratch--, 10 min. tops-- and it was on --- needed to put a spacer(washer),!, between the mid pipe bolt to give the pipe some room to clear the sub frame and loosened the header slightly, no biggie. The fit was perfect!!

Pulled the choke- gave it a squirt--hit the button--:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :lol: :banana:

It is loud, thought to myself?? not gonna start this up at 6am to go to work!!

Just came back from a ride---- :worthy: it has become a whole new animal :lol: didn't go too far, farmers field drive through??-- perfect for a drag kinda thing? for a bout 1/3 of a mile, 4th gear - pull on the gas --- she is up --- be careful I thought-- just finished rainin thunder about an hour ago -- about a half hours worth!!! --- flippin purfect traction fun stuff -- but im only in swim short-with gear?? so I lapped it about 4 times up and down. To see how the ais jetting is workin?

Runs pretty good, slight bog once in a while???? will need to play a bit -- I'll try the O-ring mod first, set the links and a-p squirt -- if I have too ?? need to get to some tecnical riding area to really see whats up!!

AS far as the sound --- it's a sexy itch --- awsome sound --- but it is loud --- ??? will find a s.s power bomb header to tone it down a little, it's just to loud, and when I order some packin, an insert is in order for riding around town!

Did I mention the Smile Factor -- wow, the differance is huge compared to the pee shooter with the ais kit!! I would say it gained 5hp easy, or so it seemed.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.