Cracked Stator Cover 07' 450

Just noticed some oil leakage on my stator cover, hairline crack about an inch long. i would like to replace it with something maybe a little stronger because the impact that caused the crack wasn't very hard.

or maybe a factory cover with some sort of protection for that side, i have a WC skid plate but it only covers the front and underneath, need something for the side.

thanks guys for the help and any recommendations, I've been searching all morning with no luck.:worthy:

I am not sure what is out there in the aftermarket, but in the mean time dont be afraid to patch the current one with a little JB Weld so that you can ride. I have seen it work wonders in cases of hairline cracks.

I had to do the same thing one long weekend at the desert. I used Loc-Tite 245 epoxy, though. It's a bit stronger, bonds better, and cures much faster than standard JBW. JB does make a fast cure, though, and if you ever have to make a choice between them to save a ride day, bear in mind regular JB can take 8~10 hours to cure.

BTW, I ran that same cover for a very long time without replacing it.

I have a Devol that has some coverage for the sides against getting struck from below and forward, but it would not have prevented, most likely, the damage my engine suffered. Mine fell more or less flat on its side on a rock, and no skid plate covers up that far. The two that I know of that cover the highest are the Scorpion and the Lightspeed carbon.