Photoshop please...

19 replies to this topic
  • yz25

Posted June 24, 2009 - 07:42 PM

got a buddy that has just bought a new 09 450.. he doesnt get the chance to check out the web site due to work, but he would like to know what a YZ450 right of the floor with "BLACK" wheels would look like.. I told him i would ask some of the photoshop pros on the site to hook up with some pics photoshop pics.. i have tried to copy and past Josh Hill's/Broc Helper factory bike while it was sitting under the tent but i have had zero luck.. Would really like to see what the Factory Yamaha bike would loook like with black wheels, he just order the factory team graphics.. Can anyone hook me up??

Yz25

• mx4god

Posted June 24, 2009 - 07:58 PM

Hope this is what you're looking for.... I did this really quick, so it's sloppy. Plus this is my second photoshop ever.... lol.
Posted Image

• yz25

Posted June 24, 2009 - 08:23 PM

man that looks great.. Thanks alot..

yz25

• mx4god

Posted June 24, 2009 - 08:26 PM

man that looks great.. Thanks alot..

yz25

Yeah, no prob....Just started with this editing program today. I think I'm gonna have some fun with it. :worthy:

• yz25

Posted June 25, 2009 - 07:37 AM

if you get a chance post a pic of Josh Hill or Broc Heplers bike with the Black wheels.. If you are able to find one... But again thanks for what you have done already..

yz25

• grayracer513

Posted June 25, 2009 - 08:08 AM

if you get a chance post a pic of Josh Hill or Broc Heplers bike with the Black wheels.. If you are able to find one... But again thanks for what you have done already..

yz25

If you get a chance, why don't you look up a pic yourself? Just a thought. :worthy:

http://images.google...=wi&safe=active

• mx4god

Posted June 25, 2009 - 08:34 AM

If you get a chance, why don't you look up a pic yourself? Just a thought. :worthy:

http://images.google...=wi&safe=active

Yeah, that's another thing you could do, lol. But, since I was bored and wanted some more practice I just did one. This is Broc Hepler's bike. Took a while to find a good pic though. And still pretty sloppy....:lol:
Posted Image

• yz25

Posted June 25, 2009 - 08:38 AM

Maybe when you get a chance read the "WHOLE" topic before jumping in.. I can pull up pics of the factory yamaha bikes all day long but of coarse they dont have the black wheels.. It is a photoshop question and I dont have the program to do soo.

but thank you for posting a way to find google, man that was a huge help..

yz25

• yz25

Posted June 25, 2009 - 08:40 AM

MX4GOD- you are the man..... did you find that on google.com???haha..

Thanks alot for the help...

Yz25

• mx4god

Posted June 25, 2009 - 08:59 AM

MX4GOD- you are the man..... did you find that on google.com???haha..

Thanks alot for the help...

Yz25

lol, yeah you're welcome. I think that's enough black rims for now.:worthy: I do all of my searches on dogpile.com because it searches google, yahoo, ask, and more...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 25, 2009 - 10:19 AM

Maybe when you get a chance read the "WHOLE" topic before jumping in.. I can pull up pics of the factory yamaha bikes all day long but of coarse they dont have the black wheels.. It is a photoshop question and I dont have the program to do soo.

but thank you for posting a way to find google, man that was a huge help..

yz25

I read every post. Be advised: This is a technical forum first. There have been innumerable pictures of YZ450's with black wheels and blue (as well as every other color of plastics. This thread actually belongs in Pics & Video, not here.

MX4God,

Look into learning to select an area of the picture and replace one color with another, rather than drawing it in. You could just draw the black in with MS Paint, if that was all you were going to do.

• mx4god

Posted June 25, 2009 - 11:46 AM

I read every post. Be advised: This is a technical forum first. There have been innumerable pictures of YZ450's with black wheels and blue (as well as every other color of plastics. This thread actually belongs in Pics & Video, not here.

MX4God,

Look into learning to select an area of the picture and replace one color with another, rather than drawing it in. You could just draw the black in with MS Paint, if that was all you were going to do.

What exactly do you mean replacing it with another color? And no, I was not using MS paint.

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 25, 2009 - 11:54 AM

Posted Image

• mx4god

Posted June 25, 2009 - 11:58 AM

Posted Image

Thanks for the pic. Makes mine look like pooh.:lol: :worthy: How do you do that, if I may ask?

• grayracer513

Posted June 25, 2009 - 12:02 PM

What exactly do you mean replacing it with another color? And no, I was not using MS paint.

I know you weren't, but you could have.

Photoshop is one of the most extremely powerful, and poorly documented programs I know of. It's also off topic. You need to take some classes or do a lot of research/experimentation to learn much about it.

Basically, you need to select the area you want to recolor by one of several available tools, then choose replace color from whichever menu it's in in your version, choose the target color and a replacement and execute the command.

Other times it's simpler to get the wheels from another bike:

Posted Image

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 25, 2009 - 12:02 PM

Photoshop, using masks and selections...
I'm a graphic designer by trade, took like 2 minutes...

• mx4god

Posted June 25, 2009 - 12:06 PM

Ok, thanks for the replies. Yeah, this isn't really the thread to talk about it, but I guess I'll have to do some more research if I want to continue, because I suck!

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 25, 2009 - 12:07 PM

Here's the appropriate thread:
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=456858

• mx4god

Posted June 25, 2009 - 12:08 PM

Here's the appropriate thread:
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=456858

Thanks!:worthy:

• yz25

Posted June 25, 2009 - 05:50 PM

right forum or not....all the pics look great guys and I thank you all for your help.. but my buddies wife isnt very happy at the moment.. hopefully she wont see all the credit card bill statment for this month...

yz25

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.