took delivery today....

24 replies to this topic
  • walent215

Posted June 24, 2009 - 06:45 PM

....of a 2009 450.cant wait to get it together and take it to lacr.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• CountryboyMX720

Posted June 24, 2009 - 06:50 PM

That's awesome man! Can't wait to see it fully assembled.

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 24, 2009 - 08:16 PM

Wow that's awesome...How'd you get hooked up with the bike crated???

• the bodj

Posted June 24, 2009 - 09:12 PM

ahhhhh so nice! im saving up for that exact bike right now.

• walent215

Posted June 25, 2009 - 03:55 AM

Wow that's awesome...How'd you get hooked up with the bike crated???

found it on ebay.i was really stoked that they were leaving it in the crate since so many of the dealers cant ship them that way or dont want to,not sure the deal with that,but it was here really quick too.now i just have to get it together.

• rickallen124

Posted June 25, 2009 - 05:33 AM

Most dealers won't sell the bike in the crate for liability reasons. You used to be able to buy them in a crate but no more with people going to court for anything even if it was their own fault.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 25, 2009 - 06:43 AM

congrats on the purchase

ah.... the new bike heebie jeebies:banana:

• Family Man

Posted June 25, 2009 - 11:41 AM

How much was the bike including shipping?

• Ray450

Posted June 25, 2009 - 02:28 PM

I just bought one from Port Yamaha off Ebay, it should be getting here next week. $4,999 delivered. Theres a few on Ebay cheaper, but after fees and deliverey, this one was the cheapest for me, it included free delivery and no other fees. I can't wait to get her. I'm about to start building my taller seat, order a tank, get an o-ring, etc. I'm trying to decide if I'm riding the stock exhuast or not. Since the header has a larger diameter to work with the new shorty silencer, will a FMF slip-on work with a FMF header later? In other words, do the slip-ons and the normal full system silencers use the stock diameter? I'm tempted to just use a slip on now, but only if it works with a FMF header later when I eventually need one from damage. I wish you could find dyno charts with a slip on compared to the full system, I'm sure the full systems make better power, but assume the lion's share is just in replacing the baffled silencer?

• walent215

Posted June 25, 2009 - 03:22 PM

How much was the bike including shipping?

4999 to the door.it was here in 5 days including the weekend.awesome deal and lightning quick shipping.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • walent215

Posted June 25, 2009 - 03:23 PM

I just bought one from Port Yamaha off Ebay, it should be getting here next week. $4,999 delivered. Theres a few on Ebay cheaper, but after fees and deliverey, this one was the cheapest for me, it included free delivery and no other fees. I can't wait to get her. I'm about to start building my taller seat, order a tank, get an o-ring, etc. I'm trying to decide if I'm riding the stock exhuast or not. Since the header has a larger diameter to work with the new shorty silencer, will a FMF slip-on work with a FMF header later? In other words, do the slip-ons and the normal full system silencers use the stock diameter? I'm tempted to just use a slip on now, but only if it works with a FMF header later when I eventually need one from damage. I wish you could find dyno charts with a slip on compared to the full system, I'm sure the full systems make better power, but assume the lion's share is just in replacing the baffled silencer?

thats where mine came from!!

• hondacrf250rrr

Posted June 25, 2009 - 03:27 PM

lucky

• desert-rat660

Posted June 25, 2009 - 04:57 PM

sick man

• Ray450

Posted June 25, 2009 - 06:58 PM

I didn't even think to ask if they had any more white/red ones. The Yamaha discounts end on the 26th, tomorrow. I'm sure they will end up extending it, or already have some other incentive plan in place, but I figured I'd go ahead and pull the trigger now just in case.

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 25, 2009 - 07:31 PM

I didn't even think to ask if they had any more white/red ones. The Yamaha discounts end on the 26th, tomorrow. I'm sure they will end up extending it, or already have some other incentive plan in place, but I figured I'd go ahead and pull the trigger now just in case.

It's just plastics man...Eventually you can go white...Don't worry about when you got it...You got a good deal...You're gonna enjoy the hell out of it!

• thumpertime

Posted June 25, 2009 - 07:41 PM

Man, I feel like I paid to much for mine. I bought mine for 6200 + tax three weeks ago. Same bike. Oh well. I have taken it out twice already and I tell you, I was depressed until I did my mods. The next ride should be pretty close to dialed in I hope. Congrats and have fun. This is so exciting seeing someone else get so excited when purchasing a new bike. :worthy:

• walent215

Posted June 25, 2009 - 07:57 PM

Man, I feel like I paid to much for mine. I bought mine for 6200 + tax three weeks ago. Same bike. Oh well. I have taken it out twice already and I tell you, I was depressed until I did my mods. The next ride should be pretty close to dialed in I hope. Congrats and have fun. This is so exciting seeing someone else get so excited when purchasing a new bike. :worthy:

besides the pipe,have you done anything else to it motor or jetting wise?

• thumpertime

Posted June 25, 2009 - 08:02 PM

I put a 165 from our stock 160 Jet. MOve the needle the third clip to the fourth which puts the needle up. I also went one tooth up on the rear sprocket and picked up better on the mids. Flying over woops much easier now. But I'm going to put a 51 rear and see how that does.

• Reno19

Posted June 25, 2009 - 08:03 PM

Man I had mine shipped crated to me... shipping company apparently struggled with it. My shrouds were scratched up, crate bent, and found all this out after they lost it for 3 days. Sweet bike tho man, the YZs look pretty sharp brand new. Have Fun with it!

• thumpertime

Posted June 25, 2009 - 08:05 PM

Here's my new baby. Still fine tuning her and she's getting better every time I take her for a ride.Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.