WR450 rotor did I screw it up?

3 replies to this topic
  • glenm

Posted March 19, 2003 - 04:13 PM

Ok so I get it home tonight and can't resist the poking, rubbing, and fondling of it. After the foreplay I just had to check the rotor torque. Anyway I had mistakenly turned the entire nut and rotor about ¼ - 1/2 turn the wrong way. I didn't affect any of the valve or ignition timing did I? Couldn't start it to find out because I didn't want to disturb my tenant upstairs. I apologize for my mechanical ignorance.

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 19, 2003 - 08:40 PM

Retorque to 50 ft lbs and you are OK

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BEAN329

Posted March 20, 2003 - 01:56 PM

No problem, Sorry to hear about your neighbors.

• Dutch

Posted March 20, 2003 - 02:12 PM

If you turned the entire rotor assembly then you don't need to retorque the rotor nut, (not that it wouldn't hurt to do it anyway), you didn't loosen anything if both the rotor and nut turned.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.