quick question on tire change

9 replies to this topic
  • tammie

Posted June 24, 2009 - 06:00 AM

hey guys ive just put a 21" michelin cross competition S12 onto my front rim how high do you have to pump it up to get the bead to pop? there is no max or min pressure reading on the tire sidewall? just don't want to ruin it i have a tiny little air compressor that works off car lighter and its already up to 45 and bead hasn't popped yet i just wanted to make sure how high im suppose to go.........

• XRYoda

Posted June 24, 2009 - 06:06 AM

I always use a little soapy water on the bead to get it to seat. Works pretty well. I have put over 60psi in a tire w/o problems.

• davcon

Posted June 24, 2009 - 06:20 AM

Dont worry about it. Just pump it up to your normal pressure. On your first ride it'll seat.

• tammie

Posted June 24, 2009 - 09:53 AM

thanx the soap worked only had to go up to 40psi... :worthy:

• Stupendous

Posted June 24, 2009 - 10:32 PM

Windex works as well. And it evaporates quicker.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted June 25, 2009 - 05:37 AM

baby powder works wonders - only had to go to 20 psi on my front yesterday to get it to seat - plus - the ladies like the smell:thumbsup: !

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 25, 2009 - 09:59 AM

baby powder works wonders - only had to go to 20 psi on my front yesterday to get it to seat - plus - the ladies like the smell:thumbsup: !

Hahaha, you're sooo wrong...I remember reading a college study on aphrodisiacs that found baby powder was very the least sexually stimulating sent of everything they tried...(I think it was cucumber lotion or something that won)...Lol...But chicks hated baby powder, reminded them of dirty diapers...

Try lemon scented windex, lol...

• grayracer513

Posted June 25, 2009 - 10:24 AM

... chicks hated baby powder, reminded them of dirty diapers...

lol...

I use it to dust inner tubes because it's easier to find in most stores than plain old talcum powder, which works just as well. My son thought he'd needle me some, saying somewhat sneeringly, "You're pretty good with that Baby Powder."

But I came back with, "I had a lot of practice on your butt", and it kind of ended there. :worthy:

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 25, 2009 - 10:32 AM

:worthy: ...Just rub some Desitin on it...:lol:

• Ga426owner

Posted June 25, 2009 - 11:08 AM

I use it to dust inner tubes because it's easier to find in most stores than plain old talcum powder, which works just as well. My son thought he'd needle me some, saying somewhat sneeringly, "You're pretty good with that Baby Powder."

But I came back with, "I had a lot of practice on your butt", and it kind of ended there. :worthy:

don't even get me started on babies butts...my 11month old poops more than anyone or anything I have ever seen......:lol:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.