Engine ice AND water wetter??

8 replies to this topic
  • phynx

Posted June 23, 2009 - 08:57 AM

Hey guys, has anybody tried both? I am on ENGINE ICE right now and not too happy. Thinking about adding WATER Wetter as instructed.

• grayracer513

Posted June 23, 2009 - 09:43 AM

Water Wetter is a surfactant. It's purpose is to break the surface tension of plain water so that it will form a better thermal bond with both the hot engine parts, and the cooler radiator tubes. The effect can be seen by placing a couple of drops of untreated water on any metal or other smooth, dense, non-absorbent surface. Note that it beads up. Add soap or detergent, and it sheets out instead.

That's what Water Wetter does, and it does help plain water work better, but it's debatable whether it will do anything to improve on a water and coolant mix, such as Engine Ice is. Notice that a drop of EI also sheets out rather than beading on a metal surface.

What is it that you want from a coolant that EI isn't delivering?

• KennyMc

Posted June 23, 2009 - 09:50 AM

Water Wetter is a surfactant. It's purpose is to break the surface tension of plain water so that it will form a better thermal bong with both the hot engine parts, and the cooler radiator tubes. The effect can be seen by placing a couple of drops of untreated water on any metal or other smooth, dense, non-absorbent surface. Note that it beads up. Add soap or detergent, and it sheets out instead.

That's what Water Wetter does, and it does help plain water work better, but it's debatable whether it will do anything to improve on a water and coolant mix, such as Engine Ice is. Notice that a drop of EI also sheets out rather than beading on a metal surface.

What is it that you want from a coolant that EI isn't delivering?

I have been looking for a better bong:busted:

I have been running Engine Ice and my bike didn't spew the last time at KM. The first time with stock coolant it did at the top of Sierreta.

• phynx

Posted June 23, 2009 - 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=grayracer513
Thank you for the great response.
Well, I put WW in my little Toyo truck and immediately noticed the difference with the heat in AZ, and last week when I rode my WR, I just didn't not notice the difference with EI. Well, I bet it is just too HOT here in Tucson AZ for any type of quality coolent. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 23, 2009 - 09:54 AM

I have been looking for a better bong:busted:

Interesting slip-up. D & G aren't even that close on the keyboard. :worthy:

• Dee Perry

Posted June 24, 2009 - 02:06 PM

I run both EI and WW. Had problems with the WR spewing and it cured the problem. Here is the catch however, I switched from the regular coolant to EI and WW, soooo I can not say for sure if one or the other may have solved the overheating. All I can say is I have no problems now and you know what they say-----do not screw with it if it is working.

Do not know how hot it gets where you ride, but here in the desert we can get 100 plus, and I sometimes just putt around behind the wife or kids on the quad. Killer on the WR.

• phynx

Posted June 24, 2009 - 02:12 PM

I run both EI and WW. Had problems with the WR spewing and it cured the problem. Here is the catch however, I switched from the regular coolant to EI and WW, soooo I can not say for sure if one or the other may have solved the overheating. All I can say is I have no problems now and you know what they say-----do not screw with it if it is working.

Do not know how hot it gets where you ride, but here in the desert we can get 100 plus, and I sometimes just putt around behind the wife or kids on the quad. Killer on the WR.

Perry-
Nice.
Yea I am clocking about 104 w/temp at times. So you mixed both, correct? It'll probably be about a cap and a half that I add to the IE I already have in my WR.

• SpacinDangler

Posted June 24, 2009 - 06:21 PM

I am curious about the engine ice,my wr squirted some coolant out of the cap this morning. Now I dont understand why it would go out the cap versus into the overflow bottle but either way does EI work?

• Dee Perry

Posted June 24, 2009 - 06:53 PM

Phynx, I run 2 capfulls. We also reach 104 now and then. Make sure your jetting is correct for your area also. I know that also makes a real difference.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.