What type of plate should I use

2 replies to this topic
  • wild west al

Posted June 23, 2009 - 02:06 AM

I am ready to replace the genuine clutch fibers in my WR400 Y2K.I have had it since new and that was about 300 hrs ago .I have recently fitted a rekluse z start to it and will be fitting a Hinson basket at the same time as the fibers.Does any one have any suggestions on the best type and brand of plate to use .The oem is almost as much as some of the (promoted as ) better material aftermarket gear.Does anyone know who really makes the OEM plates for Yamaha??Cheers for anyones thoughts:thumbsup: :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 24, 2009 - 02:33 PM

The common thing is to use Honda fiber plates because they have more material. I haven't done this yet, but I will on my next clutch change.

• wild west al

Posted June 25, 2009 - 01:56 AM

mmm thats an interesting theory .I might research that.Thanks I may have to be carefull of the stack hieght though.Less plates maybe .or is it a matter of thous/tenths

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.