overheated now no start?

4 replies to this topic
  • havoc97

Posted June 22, 2009 - 07:17 PM

so i overheated my bike a few days ago(02' wr426) and now it wont start. it drained a considerable amount of fluid onto my driveway, but the radiator is still full, the resevoir is not. I know im an idiot for leaving it idle in the driveway in 90 degree humid weather but i got distracted and only noticed it overheating when I heard it boiling over. I am not very mechanically inclined but am capable of some things. I may just talk it to yamaha dealer tomorrow, or are there some things i should check before i bring it in and spend big money.

is it possible that this is a minor thing? any advice would be great guys.

thanks in advance,

jordan

• havoc97

Posted June 23, 2009 - 08:31 AM

anyone before i just take this sucker in to the dealer?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • phynx

Posted June 23, 2009 - 08:52 AM

so i overheated my bike a few days ago(02' wr426) and now it wont start. it drained a considerable amount of fluid onto my driveway, but the radiator is still full, the resevoir is not. I know im an idiot for leaving it idle in the driveway in 90 degree humid weather but i got distracted and only noticed it overheating when I heard it boiling over. I am not very mechanically inclined but am capable of some things. I may just talk it to yamaha dealer tomorrow, or are there some things i should check before i bring it in and spend big money.

is it possible that this is a minor thing? any advice would be great guys.

thanks in advance,

jordan

Can we get some more info- you say "it doesn't start." What's it doing? Go through the steps.. Check the plug (color). Does that year have a main ignition fuse?

• beezer

Posted June 23, 2009 - 08:55 AM

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

• phynx

Posted June 23, 2009 - 09:02 AM

anyone before i just take this sucker in to the dealer?

That is great advice buzzerd.:worthy:
On the other hand Havoc, you may have fried your engine. Good luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.