2009 YZ450F with DR. D exhaust

3 replies to this topic
  • Raider23

Posted June 22, 2009 - 06:25 PM

O.K. guys this is my first post so please do not kill me. I race the vet class and the elevation that we race at is around 3000 to 4000'. I just put the Dr. D system on my bike and it seems to run pretty well. There is a substantial difference in power from the stock pipe. My question is about jetting. I did not change a thing from stock. I backfires when I let off the gas. Do any of you have this same setup and what elevation are you riding? Please advise. Should I do some jetting changes?

• dlacapra125

Posted June 22, 2009 - 06:41 PM

I read in motocross action that if you put a pipe on the 09 450 you have to go to a 165 main jet and move the needle up one notch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ajeb

Posted June 22, 2009 - 06:48 PM

O.K. guys this is my first post so please do not kill me. I race the vet class and the elevation that we race at is around 3000 to 4000'. I just put the Dr. D system on my bike and it seems to run pretty well. There is a substantial difference in power from the stock pipe. My question is about jetting. I did not change a thing from stock. I backfires when I let off the gas. Do any of you have this same setup and what elevation are you riding? Please advise. Should I do some jetting changes?

It pays to do a search before you post any questions. You will usually find your answer :worthy:

Check out this link...
http://www.thumperta...599#post3710599

• rdrata

Posted June 22, 2009 - 08:34 PM

Forget the jetting, kill the NEWB!!!! just kiddin' bro, go check out the jetting database

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.