popping on deceleration?????? Lean?????

2 replies to this topic
  • 450yjoffroad94

Posted March 18, 2003 - 11:23 PM

I have a 03 wr450 and big gun system with 160 main and 48 pilot at 744 feet Need help.... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HighPlainsWR

Posted March 19, 2003 - 04:06 AM

It's your pilot jet. Either richen up via the adjustment screw or go to a higher pilot jet, a 50 or 52. I'm at 6K feet and the 48 was too lean for me once the bike was uncorked. The adjustment is in the manual. I'd quote the page but there is 3 feet of snow out and I don't want to wade out to the barn.

• David_Gronlund

Posted March 19, 2003 - 04:22 AM

I had the same problem until I went with a YZF450 needle then it stopped. It also runs a lot better on bottom and in the mid range.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.