YZ426 Handlebar Risers question

4 replies to this topic
  • Bkew

Posted June 21, 2009 - 09:36 PM

So I have a 01' YZ426 that I will not get rid of. Runs to good to get rid of.

Tryin to freshin it up, I just put on a new SDG complete tall seat and new graphics. Looks almost new again. I really love the extra room.

The one thing I was thinking of adding was a 0.5" or 1" riser to the bars to give the bike a better balance with the tall seat.

I am 6'2" so the extra room with the bars I figure would be a big help. I have the stock triple clamps so it would be one the machined bolt type to the existing clamps.

Does anyone have experience with these type of addons? I just want to make sure they hold up and work well.

Thanks in advance.

• davcon

Posted June 22, 2009 - 05:24 AM

Ckeck this thread. http://www.thumperta...0228&highlight=

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steam

Posted June 22, 2009 - 12:28 PM

+1 on Barrisers online. They worked wonders on my '00 426. It's a cheap alternative to buying a new top clamp with adjustable positions. I didn't have to lengthen my cables as well which was a bonus. Quality of the product was excellent.

• Bkew

Posted June 23, 2009 - 04:32 AM

I ordered the ones from Rocky Mountain then had to cancel them as I still use the 7/8" bars and they only sell the 1 1/8" bar set. Was not reading it and got to excited :worthy:

Barrisersonline looks to be the trick though.

Thanks for info.

• 6o8Tall

Posted June 23, 2009 - 04:37 AM

So I have a 01' YZ426 that I will not get rid of. Runs to good to get rid of.

Tryin to freshin it up, I just put on a new SDG complete tall seat and new graphics. Looks almost new again. I really love the extra room.

The one thing I was thinking of adding was a 0.5" or 1" riser to the bars to give the bike a better balance with the tall seat.

I am 6'2" so the extra room with the bars I figure would be a big help. I have the stock triple clamps so it would be one the machined bolt type to the existing clamps.

Does anyone have experience with these type of addons? I just want to make sure they hold up and work well.

Thanks in advance.

I am 6'8 and have 1 inch risers and they help alot. A great purchase when you are this tall :worthy:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.