wr426 problem. help!

5 replies to this topic
  • havoc97

Posted June 21, 2009 - 07:56 PM

so today i go about changing th oil in my 02 wr426. it was the first time i had changed it since i bought it on tuesday. so i followed the intructions in the service manual refilled it with oil and started it up. i let it run for a few minutes while i was outside, ran inside for a minute came out to the bike overheating and spitting coolant out of the drainage tubes under the frame!

what could i possibly have done wrong that would have cause this? what are the chances that i dont have internal damage? what to do i do now?

thanks in advance guys

• Paewraul

Posted June 22, 2009 - 07:39 AM

Overfill? Too much oil can be bad for the bike and put undue stress on the engine, possibly making it overheat? Just a guess...

• ripped_78

Posted June 22, 2009 - 07:42 AM

they heat up very quickly my 426 does the same if I let is set for a few minutes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • havoc97

Posted June 22, 2009 - 01:17 PM

yeah i just realized im an idiot. i did some more researching i realized that i just left it idle way too long.(it was 90 degrees and humid). def gonna get some engine ice in there, and possibly do a fan set up because i do not want the bike getting that hot ever again

• roushxteam199

Posted June 22, 2009 - 03:02 PM

just sent a pm your way for the fan setup

• Cliniford

Posted June 22, 2009 - 09:25 PM

I would be interested in seeing what you did for a fan setup.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.