06 yz 450 Missing when at steady throttle? Help???

41 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted February 21, 2011 - 08:06 AM

The pole is now getting re-wound and I should receive it within 7 days. ...

So hopefully this might help others fix this hard to find and hard to diagnose problem. If you read my other earlier post it explains what I had gone through to fix this hesitation.

So far, we don't even know whether it fixed yours...:smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davidhasselhoff

Posted February 21, 2011 - 03:04 PM

I was experiencing similar problems on my '06. Awful performance from 1/4 - 1/2 throttle (missing and coughing), but fine at full throttle. Coming out of corners was awful, trying to balance between sputtering and wheelspin+wheelies.

I tried disconnecting the TPS, but this had no effect.

I finally pulled the carb out and cleaned the bejeesus out of all of the jets I could find with some spray cleaner & high pressure air. The culprit was a clogged pilot air jet - the one that's right on the mouth of the carb. I probably mushed some dirt in there when I was pushing the airbox boot over the carb at some point in the past.

This totally solved the problem. She runs like a beast now, smooth as silk.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.