Looking for a bike..honest opinion of the 02 wr426? Thanks in adavance

27 replies to this topic
  • woodsrider426

Posted September 15, 2002 - 03:35 AM

My 02 WR426 rips, got it new for under 5,000 three months ago. Lots of free mods It is still corked though. The starting procedure isnt bad at all, this is my first four stroke after 18 years of 2 smokes. Once you learn the procedure about 1 ride it will start first kick hot or cold everytime. When it falls over hot start decompression it and kick it fast about 10 times then kick with hot start after decompessing tdc

• Steve_WR400F_#61t

Posted September 16, 2002 - 01:44 PM

The WR is an awsome ride. Period! I went from an old XR600 to my 2000 WR400 about 6 months ago and it's just amazing. Light, quick, and suspension may be the best anywhere. Mine slices through desert whoops like butter. The 02-426 is even better. Haven't riden one, just heard stories. If you can hold out for the 450, you'll never have to worry about starting it. The drill isn't hard to learn & once you do you'll wonder why the magazines complain about it all the time. Those guys are two-smokers that refuse to learn the drill. This bike was made for racing and if you're even a little aggressive with it you'll love it. The DRZ or XR's are true "trail bikes" and are a little more comfortable. But they are also very cramped. If your taller, like me I'm 6'-3", just add Thumper's tall seat foam kit and get rid of the stocker. This seat also allows you to get farther up on the tank for easier turning and is supper plush.

Just get it & you'll be glad you did...

• John_Lorenz

Posted September 16, 2002 - 02:01 PM

My riding budd has the 02wr, he is a newbie rider and does real well. The bike is awsome in its own right. I would love to ride one of the wr's these guys have tuned and yz timed.

As much as I rode it. The bike is great

• dominator426

Posted September 16, 2002 - 06:28 PM

My 2002 WR 426 never ceases to amaze me. Incredibly tractable, easy shifting, great suspensions and unbelievably responsive...It is the great blue Jeckyl and Hyde of Enduro and I love it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • theron

Posted September 17, 2002 - 05:14 PM

I bought my wr426 in jan02 and I love it. I mostly ride mountain trails in Montana, and it does a hell of a lot better than the xr650l i used to own. It does great on everything but the tightest of trails. I never have any trouble starting my bike, and if I do, then use the hot start button and it will start 1st kick guaranteed. It is definitely the most fun bike I have ever ridden.

• theron

Posted September 17, 2002 - 05:16 PM

I bought my wr426 in jan02 and I love it. I mostly ride mountain trails in Montana, and it does a hell of a lot better than the xr650l i used to own. It does great on everything but the tightest of trails. I never have any trouble starting my bike, and if I do, then use the hot start button and it will start 1st kick guaranteed. It is definitely the most fun bike I have ever ridden.

• theron

Posted September 17, 2002 - 05:16 PM

• buffaman

Posted September 17, 2002 - 06:18 PM

I have a 01 wr-426 and love the bike, the only thing bad is the weight...Just bought a CRF-450
At 47 years old the 30 lbs lighter made a big difference for me..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.