clarke tank wr450f

11 replies to this topic
  • Dustybum

Posted June 20, 2009 - 04:28 AM

Hey guys, does anyone know if the 2.8gallon Clarke tank will fit the latest WR450f, or do only the 3.3gallon tanks fit?
I'm looking at a bike 2nd hand but the owner is sure he has the smaller tank on his 08 WR450f and I'm trying to find some answers. Could be that he is a little confused and if I buy the bike I'm getting a bigger tank than what he thinks he has!!!!

• YamaLink

Posted June 20, 2009 - 05:38 AM

From what I gather, only the 3.6 Clarke tanks fits the 07-09 WRF; the 2.6 and other capacities fit the YZF.

http://www.clarkemfg...ndex&cPath=31_3

• weathergeek

Posted June 22, 2009 - 06:18 PM

I have the 3.6 Clarke tank and love it on my '07 WR450. The difference in weight is negligible. Go big. You will not be sorry.:worthy:

• Dustybum

Posted June 24, 2009 - 02:43 AM

Thanks guys, turns out the bike has a YZ 2.8 g tank! Since he sold me the bike with this tank and also the OEM tank I will sell them both and go for a 3.6g tank. The extra couple of litres could make all the difference on the rides I want to do, without going grazy and fitting some huge tank!

• weathergeek

Posted June 24, 2009 - 08:38 AM

Thanks guys, turns out the bike has a YZ 2.8 g tank! Since he sold me the bike with this tank and also the OEM tank I will sell them both and go for a 3.6g tank. The extra couple of litres could make all the difference on the rides I want to do, without going grazy and fitting some huge tank!

The 3.6 should get you around 100 miles on a tankful. The only mod is you have to get the '06 petcock or run your fuel line under and around. It uses the stock WR shrouds. Good luck.:worthy:

• trailhead2004

Posted June 24, 2009 - 11:35 AM

The 3.6 should get you around 100 miles on a tankful. The only mod is you have to get the '06 petcock or run your fuel line under and around. It uses the stock WR shrouds. Good luck.:worthy:

100 miles?!?! That ain't much. I guess it depends on where/what you're riding but I got 180 miles out of a tank last weekend and didn't even hit reserve.:lol:

trailhead

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • weathergeek

Posted June 24, 2009 - 07:50 PM

100 miles?!?! That ain't much. I guess it depends on where/what you're riding but I got 180 miles out of a tank last weekend and didn't even hit reserve.:worthy:

trailhead

The what is a modded WR450 '07. The stock tank only got me 50-60 miles depending on the riding (mostly desert). Soft, sandy tough stuff sucks the fuel pretty hard.

• PBDBLUE

Posted June 25, 2009 - 05:34 AM

From what I gather, only the 3.6 Clarke tanks fits the 07-09 WRF; the 2.6 and other capacities fit the YZF.

http://www.clarkemfg...ndex&cPath=31_3

So does anyone know if the 2.6g YZ ytank will fit the WR w/yz shrouds?

• Dustybum

Posted June 25, 2009 - 08:04 PM

Dont know about the 2.6g Clarke tank but I have a 2.8g Clarke tank on my '08 WR450F with a set of YZ shrouds. All fits no problems!

• TheBlackSheep

Posted July 05, 2009 - 12:42 PM

The what is a modded WR450 '07. The stock tank only got me 50-60 miles depending on the riding (mostly desert). Soft, sandy tough stuff sucks the fuel pretty hard.

Wow WG, you got that much on the stock tank?
Did you install the 06' petcock or re-run the hose?
How about some pics?

........... bahhh :worthy:

• weathergeek

Posted July 05, 2009 - 02:08 PM

Wow WG, you got that much on the stock tank?
Did you install the 06' petcock or re-run the hose?
How about some pics?

........... bahhh :worthy:

My mileage varied from 45-60 miles on the stock tank, depending on the riding. I haven't pushed the limit on the 3.6 yet, but I figure 90-100 miles.
At first I ran the hose under and around. Then I bought an '06 petcock. Really no reason other than I didn't like the way it looked. I don't have any pics of that mod either, I'm sorry, but will take some soon as I get a new battery for my camera.

Where are you in CA and you are doing the TTT ride in Sept. right?

• weathergeek

Posted July 05, 2009 - 02:28 PM

Here I may have found one, but you will have to scope in on it to see it. Lets try.

Posted Image

........bah yourself:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.