IMS tank petcock hole too small

3 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted June 18, 2009 - 10:36 PM

Just in the middle of fitting my IMS 3.1g tank to an 08 WR450 and went to put the petcock into the tank only to discover the holes are too small and it won't go in. Looks like about 1mm too small.

I'm planning to drill/file the holes out a bit, but I'm worried that the plastic between the main and reserve petcock holes will get too thin and collapse, leaving me with a large oval shaped hole, which I'm worried will leak like a siv.

Any advice?

• Racegun

Posted June 19, 2009 - 03:16 AM

mine had the same problem , i enlarged the hole and it busted into the other hole , but its ok it doesn't leak

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Strattos

Posted June 19, 2009 - 03:52 AM

Magic, thanks. All I needed to know. Wasn't sure if it was going to stuff it up and there goes any refund. Cheers.

Posted June 19, 2009 - 12:39 PM

Same here, I made mine into an oval hole and no leaks.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.