08 Front Brake hose

2 replies to this topic
  • sausage boy

Posted June 18, 2009 - 07:22 PM

I'm thinking of replacing my front brake hose on my 08 450 with a braided steel type, for some reason its gone all spongy, I've been bleeding it till i can't move my hand and its still the same. i have noticed it catches on my hand guards and it now has a slight weep where the rubber hose attachés to the banjo on the master cylinder.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sausage boy

Posted June 24, 2009 - 10:28 AM

i take it I'm the only one with this problem then?

• trailhead2004

Posted June 24, 2009 - 11:32 AM

The only time I've had a front brake problem is on a very long and steep downhill.

Try checking the rest of the system including the caliper carefully. Check for pads not retracting, etc. Also, remove the banjo fitting and change the crush washers.

Best of luck to you!:worthy:

trailhead

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.