oil change

3 replies to this topic
  • WRDeJong

Posted September 11, 2002 - 07:11 AM

I bought my first thumper,(2001 WR426),and would like some feed back on what oil to use,any recommendations? Thanx

• Dodger

Posted September 11, 2002 - 07:17 AM

The "Search" feature in the upper right hand is your best friend.......I would imagine a life time worth of reading if you search on "oil".......

Dodger :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted September 11, 2002 - 08:24 AM

every 200 miles. use mobil 1 15W-50 fully synthetic. that is what alot of guys use. The good ole yamalube 20W-40 is always a good choice also.

Chris

• John_Lorenz

Posted September 11, 2002 - 11:14 AM

I took my oil out to save weight :)

I change every 4 - 5 rides depending on how hot the days were and how hard I rode the bike.

I use Castrol Act>Evo 20-50 some use the 10-40

Others use Mobil 1 Red Cap.

DO a Search Pleanty of information there. It actually boils down to what you prefer. I use Castrol in all my engines including the lawnmower.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.