Baffles @ BAJA Designs

3 replies to this topic
  • sroloson

Posted March 18, 2003 - 08:38 AM

Baja Designs has two baffles for the BRP. They have the HRC Competition baffle for $115, and their own Baja baffle for $89.95.
Has anyone used their baffle?

• tma

Posted March 18, 2003 - 11:33 AM

Have them both. You insert the baffle into the HRC unit. Baffle works well but a reduction in power is noticable vs. the HRC by itself. The HRC won't pass the new sound test. I haven't had the baffle tested but I assume that it will pass. Baffle is a quality unit and is very easy to install & remove (one set screw).

Frankly, I'm not sure that I would purchase the combination again. I would take a long look at some other models in a month or two after everyone comes out with products that meet the sound test. I may end up changing in the near future...

FYI. My HRC insert does not have the "spark arrestor stamp" on it... This hasn't been an issue yet, but I'm concerned about being checked in the SB Forest...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Big_D

Posted March 18, 2003 - 04:12 PM

The reason why the HRC tip does not have an USFS stamp of approval on it is not because it is not spark arrested, it is because it is over 6" deep. The USFS standard says that the exhaust tip should be no more than 6" in depth and the HRC tip is 8.75" deep.

• tma

Posted March 19, 2003 - 04:28 AM

Thanks for the details on the arrester. At some events I've run, the techs checking the sound levels also inserted a stick into the exhaust tip. I assume that they were looking for restriction (arrestor). The HRC passed the stick test.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.