Powdercoated yz450f

31 replies to this topic
  • yz480doinwork

Posted June 22, 2009 - 05:49 PM

lookin good. i wanna get some of the parts on my 06 powdercoated back or yellow...or both. cant wait to see your final product

• ajeb

Posted June 22, 2009 - 05:59 PM

lookin good. i wanna get some of the parts on my 06 powdercoated back or yellow...or both. cant wait to see your final product

Cheers, i think your bike is brilliant! crazy.. but brilliant! You should go for it, black and yellow would like nice, anything a bit different is good.

• yz480doinwork

Posted June 22, 2009 - 06:02 PM

Cheers, i think your bike is brilliant! crazy.. but brilliant! You should go for it, black and yellow would like nice, anything a bit different is good.

why thank you! im thinking black for the main frame and yellow for the sub frame. or the other way around. and most engine parts i would probably do black.

• ajeb

Posted June 22, 2009 - 06:05 PM

why thank you! im thinking black for the main frame and yellow for the sub frame. or the other way around. and most engine parts i would probably do black.

Yea, black frame, with yellow sub frame would look nice. Do black engine parts with the lettering in yellow... that would be sweet.

• yz480doinwork

Posted June 22, 2009 - 06:08 PM

that would be sick. how do they do the lettering in powdercoat? a new powdercoat shop just opend up where i live, ill have to check out their prices

• ajeb

Posted June 22, 2009 - 06:14 PM

that would be sick. how do they do the lettering in powdercoat? a new powdercoat shop just opend up where i live, ill have to check out their prices

Have a look at my photos, the lettering was all done with silver powder coat. I'm not 100% sure but i think they bake the base color first and once that has cured put the second color on the letters only. Then its baked again, then on with the clear coat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PAdaytonaman

Posted June 23, 2009 - 07:11 PM

It would be nice to see a blue anodized frame. Looks good.

• platnum rider

Posted June 27, 2009 - 07:37 AM

any finished pics yet?

• ajeb

Posted June 27, 2009 - 01:22 PM

Should have all the suspension back together next week sometime. I'll post some more pics then. :worthy:

• ajeb

Posted June 27, 2009 - 05:51 PM

Another update guys, the swing arm is on!!!
Posted Image

• yz480doinwork

Posted June 28, 2009 - 05:50 PM

looks good! i think that would look good with blue number plate, a blue shock spring and maby a blue cylender or head!

• ajeb

Posted June 29, 2009 - 12:31 AM

More update pics.
Got the shiny exhaust too :worthy:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.