3 replies to this topic
  • Jim_bo

Posted March 17, 2003 - 08:03 PM

I just got my WR450 and I intend to do the (almost) free mods to include:

-GYT-R 96db baffle
-Open air box
-Grey wire
-YZ throttle stop

With all of these mods, I need to know what I should run jetting at. I am at about 3000' altitude.

I noticed that most people like 160 MJ and 48 PJ. I just thought it was odd that I got several jets with my new WR and most of them were leaner jets than stock. The biggest main jet I got was a 155.

Jimbo

• ddialogue

Posted March 18, 2003 - 04:47 AM

Jimbo,

I am at 2700ft and I have found the 155main, 48 pilot, #5 position on the stock needle and 1 1/2 turns out on the pas to work best for me. This jetting is without the GYT-R insert installed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_bo

Posted March 18, 2003 - 05:33 AM

ddialogue,

Do you think that would change with the GYT-R insert?

Jimbo

• ddialogue

Posted March 18, 2003 - 07:13 AM

Yes, it does change. You have to go a bit leaner with the insert in. I haven't had an opportunity to dial-in the jetting with the insert installed but when I ran it with my current jetting it was a bit on the rich side. Several guys have rejetted with the insert and they absolutely love it. I will work on it in a few weeks once I get some riding in with the new auto-clutch :) :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.