Header/fatty pipe/exhaust wr450-07

10 replies to this topic
  • HOT-WR

Posted June 16, 2009 - 06:31 PM

Hey people, am currently looking around for an exhaust system for my 07-wr450. I was wondering do they make 4-stroke fatty pipes for them at all? Also i want a nice big tune from my pipe when i get it, any ideas on that aswell as some included performance? Thanks guys.

• xrmarty

Posted June 16, 2009 - 10:07 PM

check out the FMF mega bomb. BTW: "fatty" is a term used in the 2 stroke world that doesn't really apply here due to completely different combustion principles

http://www.denniskir...leafCatId=10901

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 16, 2009 - 10:29 PM

Basically any full exhaust is a 1000% improvement over stock.

The length of the header plays a big role in determining the power characteristics. A short header will rev hard and make more power up top while a long header will have more grunt and torque.

Small diameter headers generally rev slower than large diameter headers.

• Strattos

Posted June 17, 2009 - 12:17 AM

I've got the FMF 4.1 slip-on and would buy one again for my conditions, although they are on the loud side, even with the quiet insert, which I've left in. However, from what I've read in these forums, opinion is a bit divided as to whether it's worth getting the FMF header. Some say it doesn't make much difference on the WR. However I've heard blokes say that the stock YZ header does make a fair difference on the WR.

• ww44wrf450f

Posted June 17, 2009 - 03:50 AM

I got lucky on e-bay on Sunday night, Dr.D slip-on (new)$133.50, next will be a hot cam exhaust cam. My 06 has the yz header, was thinkin about a Powetbomb in the S.S and definitely not in the Ti, so money wise it's not a must right now and I hear that the Ti dings too easily? Cost wise I would try to find a full yz system on e-bay, for more bling, DR.D or a 4.1fmf slip-on with a yz header or a P.B s. steel header. The fmf 4.1 full system looks real nice, but it is all one piece?, so that's is why I think slip-on is the way to go?(poop happins).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Strattos

Posted June 18, 2009 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, the FMF has a mid-pipe slip-on, between the header and the main muffler/slip-on bit at the rear. If you bought the FMF header as well it would be a three-piece.

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 18, 2009 - 11:50 AM

I got lucky on e-bay on Sunday night, Dr.D slip-on (new)$133.50, next will be a hot cam exhaust cam. My 06 has the yz header, was thinkin about a Powetbomb in the S.S and definitely not in the Ti, so money wise it's not a must right now and I hear that the Ti dings too easily? Cost wise I would try to find a full yz system on e-bay, for more bling, DR.D or a 4.1fmf slip-on with a yz header or a P.B s. steel header. The fmf 4.1 full system looks real nice, but it is all one piece?, so that's is why I think slip-on is the way to go?(poop happins).

Since the '06 WR already has the same header as the '05 YZ (titanium(YZ) vs stainless(WR)) IMO there is no real benefit to doing the full system. $133 for a DR.D slip-on is a bitchin' deal.

The full system is a popular upgrade to the '07+ WRs because the header is literally garbage.

• ww44wrf450f

Posted June 18, 2009 - 01:47 PM

Since the '06 WR already has the same header as the '05 YZ (titanium(YZ) vs stainless(WR)) IMO there is no real benefit to doing the full system. $133 for a DR.D slip-on is a bitchin' deal.

The full system is a popular upgrade to the '07+ WRs because the header is literally garbage.

Was nice to have some luck :lol: , 3 days before I ordered the slip-on out of Michigan close to $400 canadian bucks, delivered?-- So I called them and since it wasn't mailed yet, the cancelled the order? So I'm lookin at around $175 can. with 3 jets shipped to my door!! :worthy:

• jaymo

Posted June 19, 2009 - 05:13 AM

I put the complete stock system from an 08 YZ450F on my WR. Made a huge difference in power and sound tests at 96db.

• HOT-WR

Posted June 21, 2009 - 04:56 AM

Thanks guys, alot of help, went shopping the other day for a look, price wont really bother me just want a great thick sound and a bit more torque inprovement, the guy at the shop said that the header on the megabomb one cools down the air in it quicker which ceates a suction, therefore allowing for better and faster airflow, going from a stock header to a powerbomb would be approx double the size, no matter what though i was wondering no matter how big it is, how could something that gets so hot, cool down AT ALL just by having a bigger header!!??

• ww44wrf450f

Posted June 21, 2009 - 05:38 PM

But I would use a s.s header and not ti.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.