No Metal shavings after 1st oil change

No replies to this topic
  • Moab450

Posted March 17, 2003 - 05:55 PM

I picked up my WR450 last month and after I broke it in and put about 3-4 hours on it I changed my oil and the filter and checked the filter coming out of the top tube and I had very little metal shavings in the oil and on the filters. I thought this was odd since everyone told me after the first oil change it would look like a bomb went off in my bike. So I put a new filter in and new oil and put about 10 hours on it and then changed it again and still no metal shavings. There was some paint flecks but that was about it.

Has anyone else had the same experience or are should I be expecting the metal to come some time in the near future?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.