carburator slider breaking.

2 replies to this topic
  • ikydope7

Posted March 17, 2003 - 05:48 PM

I just got a 98 wr400. My first motorcycle. I have been mountain biking until now.

Anyway, after 400 really bitchin miles, it stoped running right. A friend (the previous owner) helped me tear it down. The slider had broken apart, and the pieces had been sucked into the cylinder. No major damage was done. The same thing had happened to him immediatly before he sold it to me. So, the slider only lasted 400 miles.....

My hope is that someone will have some advice on how to prevent this happening again. I have heard that it could be related to the throttle stop being cut down too far?!?!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aremean_troy

Posted March 17, 2003 - 08:01 PM

hi there........
i do have a machined out carburator slide that is made from softer aluminum and its proven not to break in 98-99 wr/yz400f........

pm me if you are interested

• MOmilkman

Posted March 18, 2003 - 04:09 AM

Heres all you need to know to fix it.

http://home.cleanlin...ro/TechInfo.htm

scroll down a little and read under "Tech Info"

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.