mrd or fmf,getiing work bonus woohoo

14 replies to this topic
  • REDBULLRICK

Posted June 16, 2009 - 10:51 AM

i want to get a exhaust for my bike, its an 06 yz450, looking to get more low end but really dont have 400-500 bucks for a system, but theres a guy by me selling a bills slip on for my bike he only wants a 120 bucks for it. has any one ran bills on there 450s or have any input on these? thanks

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 16, 2009 - 06:57 PM

any one?

• roost666

Posted June 16, 2009 - 07:54 PM

i have never ran one on a 450 but on my old 250f i had a full bills system and loved it, they are very similar to a procircut ti-4, I found it improved my low end quiet significantly but the mid to top end was improved alot more, with that being said i also had my bike geared for more top end, results would differ with a 450 i would imagine

• yamaman1

Posted June 16, 2009 - 09:48 PM

Same thing, I had a Bills system on my 06 YZ250F and loved it. Got it super cheap too

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 17, 2009 - 05:16 AM

ight thanks for your input but it looks like im getting a bonus from my work in a week or 2, now with that i can get a full system woohoo, now has any one used mrd on ther yz450s? either that or theres a guy on ebay selling fmf carbon fiber 4.1 slipons with mid pipe and powerbomb header complet brand new for 500 bucks

• Chop Shop

Posted June 17, 2009 - 05:51 AM

I am in the same boat.. Just got my new 09 and want to get rid of the goofy muffler it came with stock. The price from MRD with a life time warranty is hard to pass up...

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 17, 2009 - 06:02 AM

I am in the same boat.. Just got my new 09 and want to get rid of the goofy muffler it came with stock. The price from MRD with a life time warranty is hard to pass up...

thats what im thinking, life time warranty great price, and heard alot good things from the honda guys about them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • REDBULLRICK

Posted June 17, 2009 - 06:04 AM

looks like we both came from hondas lol, i had an 05 crf450 then got my 06 yz450:ride:

• Chop Shop

Posted June 17, 2009 - 07:38 AM

Yep... I had 4 CRF 450's. Had great bikes, just could not pass up the deal I got. I'm looking forward to trying the YZ, I hope to have it here this week from the warehouse.

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 17, 2009 - 07:48 AM

Yep... I had 4 CRF 450's. Had great bikes, just could not pass up the deal I got. I'm looking forward to trying the YZ, I hope to have it here this week from the warehouse.

yea i sold my crf to my pops and bought me a pretty clean 06 yz for 3 grand and i like this bike alot more than my honda..that being said ill probly buy a left over 09 when i want a newer bike but untill then im pretty happy with my 06.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 17, 2009 - 08:30 AM

Of these 2 choices I would go MRD - Dave build great quality pipes and better yet offers upgrades for different year bikes and a swap program if you swap from a low end pipe to a mid range pipe. Performance wise they are all going to add 2-3hp

• grayracer513

Posted June 17, 2009 - 08:40 AM

Carbon is trick looking, but there is no performance advantage to it, and it requires more than usual attention to the packing. Running it for even a short time with half-worn packing can cause it to burn through or turn brittle, and it's pretty susceptible to damage in a crash. Personally, I'd avoid it. $500 for a slip-on is not a great deal in any case. That kind of money will buy you a complete DRD Stainless system with a spark arrestor for those times when you need one, and that system will actually improve the performance of the bike. Or go with the MRD.

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 17, 2009 - 08:58 AM

Carbon is trick looking, but there is no performance advantage to it, and it requires more than usual attention to the packing. Running it for even a short time with half-worn packing can cause it to burn through or turn brittle, and it's pretty susceptible to damage in a crash. Personally, I'd avoid it. $500 for a slip-on is not a great deal in any case. That kind of money will buy you a complete DRD Stainless system with a spark arrestor for those times when you need one, and that system will actually improve the performance of the bike. Or go with the MRD.

i was just thinking the same thing about a carbon..the full system is 500 from a seller on ebay, but im leaning towards MRD it just sounds better an better , so cant wait to get my little check lol

• Slinkyman16

Posted June 17, 2009 - 02:10 PM

Mrd or Dr.d... both are killer pipes.

• timmy351

Posted June 18, 2009 - 02:29 PM

one thing about mrd on my honda they are pretty loud

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.