Oil Change.

2 replies to this topic
  • DennisT450

Posted March 17, 2003 - 03:21 PM

Did my first oil change. Did'nt know oil would shoot out the frame like that.So how much does the 450 hold(with new filter)? Also my manuel shows a screen needs to be cleaned. How often should that be cleaned and whats the easiest way to get it out? It sure ain't like my 2-stroke.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jonesy920

Posted March 17, 2003 - 07:26 PM

take out the bottom drain plugs first and it won't shoot all over your front tire, just the fender :) I bought a scott's filter and clean it every time I change the oil, the other "screen" is in the lines behind the skid plate, I think the left one, I think its 1.1 L with filter and 1.0 without the manual has the info on that.

• Motorod

Posted March 18, 2003 - 02:12 AM

How often do you change the oil? I changed mine after first tank, found nothing in the filter, was expecting some chips. After two tanks, changed just oil, and it look pretty good also.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.