Anyone running a Dunlop D606 on thier Wr450?

10 replies to this topic
  • Andrejs2112

Posted June 15, 2009 - 06:06 PM

Looking to get a set of D606's on my WR. Anyone have input on them on a WR?

Thanks

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted June 15, 2009 - 06:25 PM

My buddy is running a 606 on the front and has over 1000 miles on it and it still looks awesome, those include plenty of slab miles too.
Only downer was carcass is stiff and hard to put on. He also reports front end traction is very good.

• jerryls

Posted June 15, 2009 - 07:15 PM

The 606's will last forever. Probably a good choice for dual sporting, but not that great for offroading. If your looking for a long life and descent performance, try a Maxxis IT.

• Andrejs2112

Posted June 16, 2009 - 02:27 AM

Thanks. The D606 are wider than what I have on it now. Just wanted to make sure they could fit on a WR rim. I have the Michelin X AC 10 on it now, but they suck on the little pavement I ride. Confidence is low on the road with them. The D606's get good reviews for wear and stability on and off road. I know it's a compromise,but they won't last forever anyway.

• pablo83

Posted June 16, 2009 - 08:33 PM

I'm running them on my WR426. They last a long time and do well on the road. I used to run the front at 8 psi offroad and it did well, but I was hitting the rim alot at that low pressure. Now I run them at 12 and I hit the rim a lot less, but they loose grip quick in severe cornering situations. Overall I'm happy with them and will keep buying them for any plated bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Crash.

Posted July 06, 2009 - 01:09 PM

yeah i have 606's on my wr250r and i was testing them out in a parking lot doing figure 8's around some light poles. after a few dozen i started leaning harder and harder and the rear end washed out and i ate the pavement. The tires are good just dont hit bends to hard and once you hit some 60-70 mph they get squirrly.

• Andrejs2112

Posted July 06, 2009 - 02:06 PM

Happen to have video?:worthy: Thanks for the info.

• Crash.

Posted July 06, 2009 - 02:55 PM

Happen to have video?:worthy: Thanks for the info.

No but it would be funny to watch my self sliding across the pavement, even at less than 20 mph I slid 10-15 feet and shreded my jeans tore holes in my gloves. The bike was fine it slid on the peg and the hand guard

• DS-WR450F

Posted July 06, 2009 - 04:08 PM

I am running the 606's. They work OK, in the dirt. They are lacking the sidewall bite, and they like to wash out on you. They also work OK on the pavement, but again, not a sport bike tire. They will wash out on you. So far they are the best compromise for dual purpose I have found. I have put about 600 miles on them, and they need to be replaced. I am getting ready to replace the front with a D756, and a new D606 in the rear. I am tired of the front end washing out in the dirt, and am going to try the 756 front on the road and see how it handles, and holds up.

• PBDBLUE

Posted July 06, 2009 - 04:39 PM

II am getting ready to replace the front with a D756, and a new D606 in the rear. I am tired of the front end washing out in the dirt, and am going to try the 756 front on the road and see how it handles, and holds up.

I think you'll find the 756 will wear pretty quickly on pavement. The 739, while not my favorite offroad tire, seems to hold up much better and is still decent in the dirt.

• Crash.

Posted July 06, 2009 - 05:56 PM

I am running the 606's. They work OK, in the dirt. They are lacking the sidewall bite, and they like to wash out on you. They also work OK on the pavement, but again, not a sport bike tire. They will wash out on you. So far they are the best compromise for dual purpose I have found. I have put about 600 miles on them, and they need to be replaced. I am getting ready to replace the front with a D756, and a new D606 in the rear. I am tired of the front end washing out in the dirt, and am going to try the 756 front on the road and see how it handles, and holds up.

holy crap do you ride on cheese graders?? i have 800 miles on mine and they look 80% good

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.