new scotts damper

3 replies to this topic
  • dwby2kwr

Posted February 17, 2001 - 07:47 PM

I just received my new damper. the book says i will have to trim the stock triple near the odometer, but I have not read that on the previous posts here. Did anyone have to trim theirs. Oh yeah I have the 00 wr.

also, does anyone have any suggests on what settings to start with, base, high speed, and sweep. I ride all desert, and just a liitle above novice level. This is the first bike I have owned in 10 years. But I keep getting faster.

Also any mounting tips would be appreciated although it seem pretty simple.

------------------
y2k wr, 13 tooth front,
airbox lid and baffle removed, 180 main, 45 pilot, 426yz er needle,
wr timing

• mcarp

Posted February 18, 2001 - 06:32 AM

Yes, I had to trim the odometer tab on the upper triple clamp. Stock, it make a triangle shape, I had to use a hack saw and cut about 1/2 of the tab off in a diagonal fashion. It wasn a little bit of work, but the hardest item to accomplish to mount the damper.

I'll email you a pic if you want to see the new shape.

Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dwby2kwr

Posted February 18, 2001 - 06:46 PM

i think i have kind of a picture of that sent by scotts with the damper. I haven't got it installed yet but looks to me like the post and steering head mount will interfere with the dipstick. did you encounter this?

------------------
y2k wr, 13 tooth front,
airbox lid and baffle removed, 180 main, 45 pilot, 426yz er needle,
wr timing

• Dougie

Posted February 18, 2001 - 08:46 PM

It makes it a little harder to get the dipstick out. You have to angle the dipstick back into the hole.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.