Help wanted compression problem

1 reply to this topic
  • jaffie

Posted March 17, 2003 - 10:09 AM

I stored my bike for 4 weeks and when i wanted to start it last saterday i noticed there wasn't any compression. I could kick right down without using the decompression lever. I panicked and thought there was something really wrong so i checked the valve clearance but that was ok, also the decompression mechanism was working well. I put it all back together and kicked a few times and feld that compression was coming back bit by bit, i started the bike and let it idle run for a few seconds then again i checked the kick and everything was back normal.
Is it possible that this got something to do with oil that has run down or should i really start worrying.
I've ridden the bike sunday for about 100miles and everything was back to normal.
Please advise.
It's a WR400F 2000

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrandonW

Posted March 17, 2003 - 10:19 AM

Very common occurance. Some think it is because the oil has seeped off the rings, thereby reducing compression. Once the oil gets "sopped" through the engine, compression returns, and the problem goes away.

Got your valves checked though.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.