Need immediate SS filter help

6 replies to this topic
  • gumbellion

Posted June 14, 2009 - 09:14 AM

Hey
I got a "flo" SS oil filter made by PC racing. Its a little longer than the oem filter. the oem filter sits on a small blue rubber piece with 2 holes that hold it in place. it looks like if i remove the rubber peice on the motor the filter will work but should i do it? i need help quick since its the first day abouve 20 degrees here in canada and i need to ride

• grayracer513

Posted June 14, 2009 - 09:30 AM

The SS filters don't use the base pad that is needed for the disposable types. Do not attempt to use it.

• gumbellion

Posted June 14, 2009 - 10:54 AM

Thanks gray. time to ride

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rdrata

Posted June 14, 2009 - 11:00 AM

The SS filters don't use the base pad that is needed for the disposable types. Do not attempt to use it.

Gray, are you saying that the PC filter is no good?

• grayracer513

Posted June 14, 2009 - 03:09 PM

Gray, are you saying that the PC filter is no good?

Not in this instance, no. The question was whether to use a base pad on the stainless filter, and the answer is no.

But, unless you think that you can really get something for nothing, or that Scotts is making a 100% profit on their filters, or that there is no advantage to having something made in the USA, I don't expect the PC or any of the other knock offs to be the same quality.

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 14, 2009 - 03:56 PM

I ditched the $20 Outlaw filter and got the Scotts...You can immediately visibly see that the steel mesh on the Scotts is much finer...

• cumminsklx650

Posted June 15, 2009 - 07:56 AM

Scott's makes a VERY good filter. I had 3rd and 4th gear let go on my 650 and the very fine filtering of that oil filter saved my motor.

"The sting of a poor purchase lingers long after the thrill of a bargain wears off."

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.