need help!! timing chain problems on 99yzf400

5 replies to this topic
  • Boostedpenastar

Posted June 14, 2009 - 08:53 AM

im about to replace my timing chain and im down to taking the stator off is there a trick ive tred everything wont come off? thanks for the help

• grayracer513

Posted June 14, 2009 - 09:31 AM

Just unbolt it... :thumbsup:

• Boostedpenastar

Posted June 14, 2009 - 02:44 PM

okay what about the flywheel any trick to that

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Aka.Goose

Posted June 14, 2009 - 02:59 PM

Flywheel puller:
http://shop.thumpert...fault.asp?p=830

• Boostedpenastar

Posted June 15, 2009 - 08:18 AM

thanks i just dont know why this stator aint comin off i need to get it off to replace the timing chain right?

• grayracer513

Posted June 15, 2009 - 08:39 AM

We are having trouble understanding why you are having trouble. You have said that you can't get the stator (the part with the wiring and coils) off, and then asked how to get the flywheel off (the part that turns on the end of the crank). Since the flywheel has to come off first, there's no logic to your question.

• Remove the flywheel by removing the nut from the crank and using a proper flywheel puller. FAILURE TO USE THE CORRECT PULLER MAY RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE FLYWHEEL. You might even hurt yourself.
  • Remove the 3 bolts holding the stator plate to the crankcase and remove the stator
What part of this have you not done?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.