Installed JD Jet kit today...

4 replies to this topic
  • CanadianWR450

Posted June 13, 2009 - 12:55 PM

Well, this morning I would have said my jetting was bang on....but everyone kept telling me "You only THINK it's bang on..install a JD kit...you'll see....."

So I did.

All I can say is "HOLY SH*T!!" :lol: :ride: :lol: :thumbsup: :lol:

My jetting was everything stock, except a 168 main, and adjustable fuel screw.
I THOUGHT it was perfect...lol...

Followed the instructions for the YZ, instead of the WR due to hot cam's, and FMF pipe It's a 04 Canadian 450, with all free mods (Only difference in the instructions is clip in 4th slot, versus 3rd slot).

For anyone that say's it isn't worth the $$, well I'll humbly disagree (Asuming you have the $$ of course...)

Don't know if JD actually frequents this forum, but if he does, "My hat off to you Sir!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Charles De Mar

Posted June 15, 2009 - 07:08 AM

Well, this morning I would have said my jetting was bang on....but everyone kept telling me "You only THINK it's bang on..install a JD kit...you'll see....."

So I did.

All I can say is "HOLY SH*T!!" :lol: :lol: :bonk: :thumbsup: :lol:

My jetting was everything stock, except a 168 main, and adjustable fuel screw.
I THOUGHT it was perfect...lol...

Followed the instructions for the YZ, instead of the WR due to hot cam's, and FMF pipe It's a 04 Canadian 450, with all free mods (Only difference in the instructions is clip in 4th slot, versus 3rd slot).

For anyone that say's it isn't worth the $$, well I'll humbly disagree (Asuming you have the $$ of course...)

Don't know if JD actually frequents this forum, but if he does, "My hat off to you Sir!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :ride:

Congrats I didn't have the same outcome after a year of trying. I even followed some of JD's personal instructions. :lol: My JD needles are now fancy pokers!:foul: The YZ needles worked very well for me opening up my wr.:lol: Ride on!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CanadianWR450

Posted June 15, 2009 - 12:37 PM

I live in condition perfect area though which I'm sure helps.....
I'm at 0 to 1500 ft max, and cool temps, 40 to 75ish...
One thing I'm finding is that small (1/8 turn) fuel screw adjustments seem to make much more noticeable changes since kit installed.

I wanted to do it once, and do not have the time to experiment to get the perfect set up by trial and error, and a hand full of needles and jets.....so for me....the JD kit fit the bill perfectly

Now of course, if you can spend the time to "do it right" and do the testing....I'm sure you can get it to the "Ultimate" tune....

• ww44wrf450f

Posted June 15, 2009 - 01:48 PM

Thinkin about an exhuast Hot Cam 4041-1E is this the one you used and how does it start with the E button?

• CanadianWR450

Posted June 15, 2009 - 03:18 PM

Thinkin about an exhuast Hot Cam 4041-1E is this the one you used and how does it start with the E button?

No, I used the 4044-1E.
My E-Start decided to pack it in this spring, so I have been kicking it. I ordered my new starter today actually, and it will be in Thursday...
As for kicking it....once I actually learned how to kick start it....one kick cold...every time....one or two kicks hot...every time....

I'm not expecting E-Start issues...i was very concerned about that....called hotcam's....they said there WAS a issue when they first came out for the WR 450's, but that was addressed years ago...I guess I'll find out for sure this weekend

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.