DRZ 400 E Jetting with FMF Pipe?

5 replies to this topic
  • Redmoon

Posted June 11, 2009 - 11:53 PM

G`day Eddie!
Got the snorkle out, CE removed, holes bunged , Taffy Mod done, 155 Main Jet, 200 Main air, 45 pilot, 100 pilot air, EMN Needle clip 3, 1.5 turns on the screw. Running from sea level to around 1200ft
This set up runs sweet but I`m now gonna fit an FMF Power Core 4 tailpipe, retaining the original Header (standard Suzuki Australian `e` model i.e bigger bore than the `sm` model) .
What main jet do I require? (thinking 160) What clip position? and any more turns on the screw.
Thanks for your help.
RedMoon

• fishpost19

Posted June 12, 2009 - 01:26 AM

You shouldn't have to rejet it. When fitting only a slip-on/muffler you rarely have to rejet, contrary to what everyone believes.

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted June 12, 2009 - 06:54 AM

160 main jet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Eddie Sisneros

Posted June 12, 2009 - 06:54 AM

You shouldn't have to rejet it. When fitting only a slip-on/muffler you rarely have to rejet, contrary to what everyone believes.

incorrect.

• drz02

Posted June 14, 2009 - 05:45 PM

yes i put the same pipe on and had to rejet to keep from running out of fuel on the interstate!

• Redmoon

Posted June 15, 2009 - 04:12 PM

Many thanks..!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.