Fastest way to remove rear shock ?

3 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted March 16, 2003 - 07:46 PM

I was hoping someone could give me the quickest way to go about removing the rear shock? I haven't ever done this so I am wondering should i try to remove from the top or bottom?

Should I remove the subframe?

Should I remove the air box?

Swingarm?

Rear wheel?

Thanks for your help,
Fryboy

P.S. Yes I am going to lube everything while I am at it :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted March 16, 2003 - 08:02 PM

I remove the seat loosen the lower subframe bolts and take the top bolt out.Then take the shock bolts out and remove the shock through the top.I don't know if there is a quicker way but this has worked for me.

Where you sending your suspenders to?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted March 17, 2003 - 06:29 AM

Hey Bill,

I am thinking of sending to either Aftershocks, Race Tech, ProAction, and... damn did I leave any out? I haven't made up my mind yet. How much did After shocks charge you for the whole deal?

Dave

• The_Blue_One

Posted March 17, 2003 - 07:34 AM

Aftershocks was about $550 with all the springs and the valving.They are good guys and know their stuff.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.