A couple of nice things about my new 09 YZ450

No replies to this topic
  • saccityfire

Posted June 11, 2009 - 06:56 PM

I was looking through the YZ common issues thread and it seems that Yamaha has taken care of a couple of things.

There is actually moly grease (and plenty of it) in the swingarm and linkage bearings,not string cheese. I cleaned and repacked with Torco Titanuim which I have used for a long time. There was no grease at all on any of the pivot bolts however, manual calls for moly on them so I greased em.

There is a foam piece molded to the chain guard protecting the swingarm from the wear noted in the common questions section.

I used the advice on making a tool for checking wheel alignment and boy are the blocks off! The tool works great. :thumbsup:
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=548940

Added Pro Moto Billet spark arrestor and changed out to a PC - Flo stainless oil filter with Lucas semi-synthetic 10-40.

I'm happy with the power and live at about 1300 ft elevation with no changes to stock jetting. I took it to Reno with a friend and we rode to the top of Peavine mountain (8200 ft, still stock jetting) with no noticeable loss of power. :lol:

Overall I'm diggin the new ride and I'm impressed that Yamaha actually made some great improvements that aren't readily noticed.

Stay Safe! Scot

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.