Where to find Yamaha blue paint

4 replies to this topic
  • writebrian

Posted June 11, 2009 - 12:06 PM

Want to touch up a few places on an 03' 450 frame. Anyone know where to find that "special" Yamaha blue paint?

I will be covering with clear Stomp grip pads when done so don't worry about the whole "...it will just rub off again" thing. Who duplicates that color best? Can you buy it from Yamaha?

• 350warrior

Posted June 11, 2009 - 12:11 PM

PJ1 I believe. I actually have some in a can from PPG/custom made to match, that my brothers Honda CRX was painted and we now know his car was yamaha blue, cuz its a perfect match.

What are you putting over the paint? Id like to put some clear stickers, I dont like the look of the frame guards, or rhinoliner.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted June 11, 2009 - 01:08 PM

PJ1 makes a perfect match.

• writebrian

Posted June 11, 2009 - 01:24 PM

no one sells the PJ1 that I can find. Anyone have a source?

• 642MX

Posted June 11, 2009 - 03:21 PM

no one sells the PJ1 that I can find. Anyone have a source?

The TT store can drop ship it: http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=738&s=3

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.