How many hours based on rear tire wear?

27 replies to this topic
  • 642MX

Posted June 12, 2009 - 06:29 PM

What would you use to clean the rims?

I just use the high pressure soap at the car wash.... Simple Green and a hose would probably work too.

• TIG88

Posted June 12, 2009 - 08:59 PM

Simple Green and a hose would probably work too.

+1 :thumbsup:

• no air charlie

Posted June 13, 2009 - 07:23 AM

The rim really is in good shape. There is a light coating of a greyish dust like if you just ran through a mud puddle on a gravel road. I don't know if the pictures show it but there is a slight blue tint to them. I don't know why but the dirt where the bike was last ridden always does that to the tires and rims. Just to make sure I just took a wet paper towel and with one swipe the rim looks brand new.

In my experience if that rim had a lot of hours on it the blue EXCEL print on the side of the rim gets faded out by the dirt and sand wearing away at it. In your first picture that part still looks new, I agree with the rest somewhere around 20 hours.

• rexbond007

Posted June 13, 2009 - 07:30 AM

you guys and the rims, aluminium oxides, if the rims are not clean the they would look like that in the picture. i run the same tires and they have the same wear mine do right now and i have 20 hrs on mine

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dakynz

Posted June 14, 2009 - 04:51 PM

The first picture with the scratch on the rim would be a indication that those are not the original tires.

• nickeenoo

Posted June 14, 2009 - 05:30 PM

The first picture with the scratch on the rim would be a indication that those are not the original tires.

Duly noted.

• Rodanst6

Posted June 14, 2009 - 05:43 PM

Also, I am the one that has done half the maintenance on the bike.

The bike was in no way, shape, or form abused. The only problem with the bike is the original owner, who is a friend of mine, did not have an hour meter.

No offense meant, but if the original owner is your friend why would you not take his word on how many hours (approximately) are on the bike vs. having people guess by looking at a tire......

• nickeenoo

Posted June 14, 2009 - 06:44 PM

No offense taken. Because, as stated previously, neither of us has had hour meters before so I was asking for educated responses from those who have had hour meters. I do take his word, I just don't think he knows the answer and for that matter, I think my time perception is a little off. I always tend to think i've put more hours on than I actually have.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.