Racks to suit the WR450

7 replies to this topic
  • Dustybum

Posted June 10, 2009 - 08:16 PM

Hi all, what racks are available to suit the WR450 '08? I need to occassionally carry a small tent and bag etc for the odd overnight ride.
Is there much out therem or will I have to start bending steel to make my own?? :thumbsup:

• tribalbc

Posted June 10, 2009 - 08:20 PM

Well if you can bend your own steel I would start bending because it's going to be a whole lot cheaper than by the time you get one of these to Australia

http://www.promotobi...1390ff2c282f04a

• Dustybum

Posted June 12, 2009 - 12:40 AM

Yikes!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info, don't know how much to bring one of those racks into Aus but as there ain't a lot of alternatives out there, I might end up doing just that. :lol:
They do look to be a pretty high quality rack.... :lol:

• MountainMax

Posted June 12, 2009 - 07:31 AM

I just put on my wr, they are well built and very tough, you will be happy with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zukrider

Posted June 12, 2009 - 10:38 AM

I have the same rack on my 07. It's a solid well built rack that looks a little like art work. I have a picture in my garage with it on the bike.

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted June 12, 2009 - 12:02 PM

Another vote for the PMB rack... I have one on both my 08 and 03 WR450s and am quite happy with it. A bit pricey, yes, but definitely well engineered and high quality.

• speedcomm

Posted June 12, 2009 - 09:23 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com....:1|293:1|294:50

• Dustybum

Posted June 13, 2009 - 02:11 AM

Yup thanks again for all the suggestions, I have emailed the chap on Aussie ebay with the WR racks to see if he makes one to suit the latest ('07 onwards) WR 450F. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.